Thursday 21 February 2013

Battle 1 - Who's a Cheeky Monkey?

Dear Old Uncle Sims has asked me to give him a game of WFB, GREAT! Wise Chimp has promised that Sims won’t be reading this till after the game so I don’t have to worry about giving my secrets away. Why he wanted to take on a Chaos army after so long out in the wilderness is anyone’s guess, I suppose he thinks I’ll be less of a challenge than some other members of our extended family. Well that’s where he’s going to be in for a shock! I may be a little cheeky monkey but on the other hand I’m a Little Cheeky Monkey :)

When I was an even littler cheeky monkey I read some of Uncle Sims old White Dwarf magazines, and one of the issues I really remember was 123, which had a battle report between a Chaos army and an Orcy army, called the Clash of Evil. It was a great ad for WFB and I was really keen on the Chaos Marauders which was basically a unit of champions! I also remembered playing Uncle Sims at Battlemasters and the figures in that gave me a good basis for my own Chaos Army. Unfortunately with updates in the rules I’ve had to shed my Beastmen and concentrate purely on a Chaos Warrior force.

1,000 pts doesn’t give me much to play with and I won’t be able to field a Chaos Lord, which is a bit disappointing! My Chaos army has built up from a small collection of Warriors and I want to make that the core of the force I’ll be fielding today. Sim’s is quite conservative so I’ll give him a shock with a bit of a leftfield army, literally! I’ll use 2 blocks of 20 Khorne Chaos Warriors as my core with Halberds. Frenzied S5 attacks can’t really be turned down! 1 unit will have a bog standard hero equally armed as the General, I can't afford 2 unfortunately. I’ll finish off with a unit of Marauders (not quite in the same league as the class of WD 123) and some Chaos Hounds. This is basically a powerful raiding party looking to punch a big hole in the local Imperial defence force before plundering the town beyond and burning it to the ground. I’ll sit the army tight to the table edge and put the Marauders and Chaos Hounds on the exposed flank to take the heat from the missile troops Sims will be fielding. Hopefully by the time they’ve been destroyed I’ll have the Warriors in position to roll up Sims’ battle line. Whatever happens there’ll be plenty of Blood for the Blood God!

No comments:

Post a Comment