Tuesday 19 February 2013

Introduction

So recently I've had a bit of free time, after a series of campaigns, and decided to dig out my old Warhammer books and maybe have a game or two. Imagine my surprise when I visited Games Workshop's website to see that Warhammer Fantasy is now in it's 8th edition! I quickly put my ancient Warhammer tomes back into my old campaign trunk and set out to update myself. Fortunately in my position I have a few friends who have had the time to keep up their interest and had a few army books plus the current version of the rules. A quick look through revealed no earth shattering changes, but I thought the best way to refresh my memory was to get stuck right into it with some simple games. I've decided to keep track of this return to the Warhammer world online so that I can enthrall people with my military genius (hmm) and get feedback when SNAFUs occur! I'll be looking to include a battle report a week and I've stumbled across an excellent program for producing professional looking online battle reports. It's called Battle Chronicler and can be downloaded from the website below:

Battle Chronicler - The best way to make war game battle reports

To start off easily I'll be pitting my Empire army against my nephew's Chaos army later this week. He's just a little cheeky monkey but these youngsters do like the anarchy of Chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment